When I pray, coincidences happen. When I don’t, they don’t! William Temple
In The Godwink Effect, SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt reflect upon the cause of Godwinks to receive more of them. Moreover, “typical of all Godwink books, this volume will be packed with amazing real-life stories…, that reinforce the power of prayer in their lives and the Godwinks that followed.”
SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt deconstruct Godwinks, synchronicities or coincidences, whatever you call these experiences, into seven aspects to focus on to receive more of them.
Seven Secrets to Receive more Godwinks:
Related: When God Winks by SQuire Rushnell
Secret 1: Pray & Secret 2: Ask
“Prayer is telephoning to God and intuition is God telephoning to you.” Florence Scovel
Godwinks are connected to prayer as it impresses the subconscious mind with good; praying cleans and restores the soul.
We focus on a constructive thinking when we pray, as we align with infinite intelligence, we let this force work for us the moment we step out of the way. However, it’s important to have prayer as a habit instead of praying on times of despair out of desperation.
Find the method you feel comfortable with as long as you “stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.” Emmet Fox
SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt recommend partnered prayer: the habit of praying with another person.
Because of free will you have to ask first to receive. “Ask and it will be given to you.”
Secret 3:Believe & Secret 4:Expect
To have faith that everything will be OK in moments of despair is difficult when we haven’t created the habit of prayer, and let God battle for us.
If you think you don’t have enough faith, think again, “you have used faith in poverty to keep yourself in want. You have used faith in limitation to hold your talents back.” Ruby Nelson
You have mastered to have faith, now you have to practice having faith in a good outcome.
“How can you change your expectancies, when you have formed the habit of expecting loss, lack or failure? Begin to act as if you expected success, happiness and abundance; prepare for your good.” Florence Scovel Shinn
Secret 5:Signs & Secret 6:Wonders
“During uncertain and trying times, God winks at you with signs that provide comfort and reassurance.”
SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt point out Godwink wonders leave us wide-eyed and open-mouthed.
Reading the Godwink Effect, you’ll get godwink stories experienced by everyday and famous people including Rod Steward.
Secret 7:Divine Alignment
“Right from birth, we come equipped with a highly sophisticated navigational package that-through an internal voice of intuition and godwinks- divinely aligns us with people, as well as events, who assist us in reaching our destiny and keep us from losing our way.” Divine Alignment
- I would consider these ideas as principles more than secrets, but I guess secrets work best for marketing purposes. SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt have been consistent with these ideas in all their Godwink books. What’s new? New real-life stories pertinent to every secret they write about.
- I’ll add forgiveness to the list. SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt write about gratefulness, but also forgiveness is an important part of the process to receive Godwinks and answered prayers.
“Get by yourself and become quiet. Repeat any prayer or treatment that appeals to you, or read a chapter of the bible. Then quietly say, I fully and freely forgive X (mentioning the name of the offender); I loose him/her and let him/her go. I completely forgive the whole business in question. As far as I am concerned, it is finished forever, I cast the burden of resentment upon the Christ within me. He/She is free now, and I am free too. I wish him/her well in every phase of his/her life. That incident is finished. The Christ Truth has set us free. I than God… Afterward, whenever the memory of the offender or offense happens to come into your mind, bless the delinquent briefly and dismiss the thought.” Emmet Fox
- Some stories are bittersweet, these stories help to deal with grief and to have hope in worst case scenarios as we learn from how others cope with difficult situations.
- Several stories deal with medical conditions and how prayers were answered in these situations with medical procedures. However, I would like to add to consideration a change in diet can cause miracles too, look for an expert in the area, and work on prevention.
- I have three books from these series by the author SQuire Rushnell, and the real-life stories are what I focused the most. In moments of despair, it helps to read any of these stories to lift the spirit.
Author SQuire Rushnell and Louise DuArt
The Godwink Effect: 7 Secrets to God’s Signs, Wonders, and Answered Prayers (The Godwink Series)
Published by Howard Books (July 4, 2017)
ARC by Edelweiss
There are affiliate links. I receive an affiliate commission if you decide to purchase from Amazon, Apple iBooks, Powell’s Books or IndieBound, at no additional cost to you. Thank you in advance.
Free Kindle book preview (You can read a sample of this book with just one click – no need for you to sign in or install an app)